Immed. Past President
Jack Fan is a solo attorney based in the North Dallas area representing clients in Dallas County and Collin County. Jack’s practice helps families transition during periods of loss – specifically, he focuses on estate planning by advising families about wills, trusts, and other methods of transferring property between generations, and assists families navigate through the probate and administration process.
Jack started law school at Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (now Texas A&M University) but graduated from American University Washington College of Law in 2007. Jack then spent the next 8 years after law school as an entrepreneur in recreational sports before starting his own law practice in 2015.
In addition to his legal practice and contributions to CCYLA, Jack is active with the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and the Legal Aid of Northwest Texas. In 2016-2017, Jack has represented over 50 pro bono clients and contributed over 300 hours of free legal service. Outside of law, Jack is an epee fencer with aspirations of advancing to the National Qualifying Tournament.
- Director, Collin County Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas Bar College
- Member, Collin County Bar Association, Civil Litigation & Appellate Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Member, Collin County Bar Association, Estate Planning/Probate Section
- Member, Estate Planners Council of North Texas
- Board of Director, Sun Ray Chinese School
- Member, World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth
- Member, Institute for Excellence in Corporate Governance
- Member, Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Plano Chamber of Commerce
Additional Awards and Honors
- DAYL Pro Bono Service Award